Have you thought about the importance of caring for your toothbrush? If not, it’s time you do! Your toothbrush is an essential tool needed to achieve positive oral health. In fact, your toothbrush is critical to keeping your teeth clean from plaque and bacteria that could be threatening your smile.
Our dentists, Dr. Jeffrey Jones and Dr. Kelly Buck in Dallas, Texas, are excited to share with you some tips and tricks to toothbrush etiquette which include:
– Keep your brushes out of contact with other toothbrushes, which is because it can easily spread bacteria and germs from one brush to another.
– Make sure you are not letting anyone else use your toothbrush and never use anyone else’s toothbrush, as doing so can promote contamination.
– To prevent the risk of further contamination, store your toothbrush vertically.
– Speak with your dentist about which toothbrush products work best for you, which may include switching to an electric toothbrush or focusing on brushes that can gently clean your teeth without any risks from dental abrasion.
– To lower your risk for dental abrasion, select brushes that have soft bristles.
– For additional help with cleaning out your mouth, visit your dentist every six months for a biannual professional cleaning.
By achieving proper care for your toothbrush, you can be setting your teeth up for an excellent cleaning each day. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you are in need of a dentist, please call us at the dental practice of Jeff Jones, DDS at 214.824.2130 to schedule a consultation. We look forward to taking your call and helping your oral health stay in pristine condition.