Have you ever wondered which ingredients and substances in your meals you should be avoiding in order to protect your teeth and gums? Typically, we know which foods and drinks can be hazardous to our weight, but we fail to pay attention to the effects on our teeth foods can have. The best smiles are possible with risky food avoidance. Facts about which foods to avoid include:
– Sour candies have a low pH level and high acidity nearly equal to car battery acid.
– The acids in foods can radically weaken tooth enamel and increase your risk for tooth enamel and cavities.
– Sugars can turn into harmful acids in your mouth that can cause dental erosion and cavities.
– In most cases, hard candies can chip and crack teeth, so always exercise caution when biting into hard products including candy apples, lollipops, and even corn kernels.
– Sticky snacks like gummy worms and taffy can stick to your teeth and gums and cause damage to your mouth long after eating them.
If you suffer from a poor dental health, contact Jeff Jones, DDS at 214.824.2130 to see which treatment is right for you. To schedule an oral examination with Dr. Jeffrey V. Jones and our team at our dentist office in Dallas, Texas, please contact us at your earliest convenience. All smiles deserve a little extra care and attention, and we give it to them!